"Murphy has never been shy. He has always been a gruff, no-nonsense legal advocate, an approach that attracted elite clients"
- Chris Merrit, The Australian (2008)
"People are hypnotised by his mind" - Alan Jones, Sydney radio announcer
"He bridges the gap between the law and the ordinary people"
- John Silvester and Andrew Rule,Underbelly The Golden Mile
(2010, Ch 16, 'Murphy's Lore')
"Christopher Murphy...prefers to use the words 'hard and aggressive' when describing what sort of lawyer he is - that's his style"
- Lindsay Simpson, The Sydney Morning Herald (1986)
"Murphy is one of the great instinctive and instinctual lawyers"
- Charles Waterstreet, Barrister
He "is the epitome of the lawyer who is prepared to represent his clients without fear or favour"
- Law Society of NSW spokesperson (1990)
Painting of Christopher Murphy kindly provided by the artist, Agnes Bruck.